<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12958723?origin\x3dhttp://eelizaa.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
ELIZA LOW.
Eliza Rocks!

10.04.1989


ShopLah!






Saturday, January 06, 2007

Updates

on my

1st three days

of work!!



Introduction
I am currently working at Regency House. (That is the name of the building)

The company is Imperial Tobacco.
As you can see, it is a company which has something to do with cigarettes.
It is located in Orchard.
Day ONE
  • I was introduced to the rest of the staff.
  • I have not much things to do. But a lot of things to learn.
  • Kris blanja me and Michael to a cafe on our 1st lunch.
  • Most of the staff ask me the almost-the-same question.

Qn1: How old are you? (I replied) Oh! So young!

Qn2: So you're waiting for your O level results?

Qn3: So which college would you want to go?

Qn4: Which course are you interested in?

Qn5: Where do you live?

So I had to repeat the answers quite a few times.



Day Two:

  • A new girl came in. She's a permanent staff I guess.
  • At least, I'm not the newest girl in the office. =) (HENG AH HENG AH HENG AH HENG AH HENG AH! ) I have no idea why I felt so relieved.

Overall

  • My colleagues are very friendly and cheerful
  • My desk is located at a corner of the manager's room.
  • Most of them are smokers. Except for a few ladies. A few ladies are smokers too.
  • It was unbearable when my manager smoke in the office.
  • However, today, day 3 of my work, he told me this. "Eliza ah.. I have a good news for you. For your sake, from monday onwards, this room will not a non-smoking room. We will smoke at other places. *smiles* "
  • I told you my colleagues/manager are good.
  • My boss is a ang mor. You gotta hear the way he pronounces my name. "Morning Eliza!" SO STYLO CAN?! (Just nod)
  • There a guy called Alvin. He looks similar to my cousin's just-married husband. Just that Alvin is taller.
  • He's a funny guy. Today, when michael helped me out with the jammed paper in the photocopy machine, Alvin gave me some snacks to eat and he said "Yao bu yao gou da bian?" (You want some dog shit?) Honestly, that brown snack really looked like dog shit. the colour, the shape, some crushed, which made it look so natural-dog-shit-shape. WHAT? YOU WANT ME TO DRAW IT OUT? Sure no problem. PM me in msn.
  • On the 1st and 2nd day, I went out for lunch with Kris and Michael. They were the ones whom I'm closer to.
  • *************************************************************

  • 3rd day, today, casual friday, we were allowed to wear jeans! Just casual la! So happy can? I no need to wear those working shoes. I had a few pairs of working shoes and all of them hurts my sole. Sob.
  • Anyway, Lao Ban a.k.a Boss, suggest a team lunch. That's what he call it. It means everyone in our department (I'm part of the Duty-Free Department), gather together to have lunch. We had our lunch at a small restaurant in Chinatown. Of course, Lao Ban blanja. 10 person. Alvin told me this restaurant is famous for their Xiao Long Bao. Indeed, it was delicious. All the food was delicious. But the boss of the restaurant, two words to describe him. KIAM PAH! Lazy to explain the story why he is kiam pah. Explain to Kenny but he doesn't understand. So ya.
  • Oh ya! There's a guy named Kenny at my workplace too. He fixes the computer. I have not seen him before (yet).
  • Kenny, my friend, has a supervisor called Kenny too. (Afterall, the name ELIZA is still more unique)
  • Like I said, the food was sumptous. The chinese pizza too! YUMMY! DUMMY! HORNY!
  • I'm quite glad to be working in this company.
  • Very glad that the people there are so sociable. (My department one lar.. The other department. Forgotten their names.)
  • Nice boss, nice manager.
  • One more thing! There's a pantry for us to have a short break, get your own drinks!
  • Gtg! cya! sis is back!