<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12958723?origin\x3dhttp://eelizaa.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
ELIZA LOW.
Eliza Rocks!

10.04.1989


ShopLah!






Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"GOOD MORNING MISS LOW
AND WE WISH YOU WELL."

Today is my virgin experience as a relief teacher in a Primary School.

I was fairly nervous when the staff brought me into the class and introduce me to the floor or 40 Primary 5 students.

I thought "chaotic" was the word to describe this class. But I was wrong. After an hour (which passes in a blink of an eye) with this Primary 5 class, I proceed to Primary 1. That is chaotic.

Walked around the school like a mad woman in heels in search for #02-11. I admited defeat byhaving to shamefully knocked on a classroom's door and obtain assistance from another teacher.

Once I stepped into the class, before they even stood up to greet me, these 6 year old children were running about, some running to me SCREAMING (note the caps)
"TEACHER! He took my pencil!"
"TEACHER! I DIDN'T!"


After they greeted me, there they go again.
"Miss Low! they keep saying I *blah blah*" (Didn't really listen to them)
"Miss Low! He's crying!"
"Miss Low! They said I'm a crybaby" as she wipes her tears off her face.
"Miss Low! Have you seen my pencil led?"

I was screaming my lungs out throughout the lesson and the students who wanted to pay attention couldn't hear me due to the chaotic children SCREAMING.

When I wrote down, KEEP QUIET, on the board, they screamed "KEEP QUIET!"
Scream. Not shout. Not talk. Scream.

OH MY GOD. I guess they still do not know the definition of these two words.

Then again,
"Miss Low! I found my pencil led beside her bag! She took it!"
"No, Miss Low! I didn't!"


I refrain myself from shouting "WAH LAU EH".

I just mumbled "Oh. My. God."
but some of them are really cute.

The staff there were very very very nice and helpful.
A few of them chatted with me, told me "If you are not sure of anything, feel free to ask us"

My last hour of the day was paradise. Primary 5A. EM1.
I am not discriminating other classes. But this class was soooooooooooo quiet. I did not even mention the word "keep" or "quiet" or "shutthehellup".

I distributed the worksheet, they did it, they discuss by whispering, after that, they did their own homework. (two of them prefer to arm wrestle for the last 5 minutes of the day)

Trust me. It ain't easy being a teacher.